The Value of Commissions
While many women welcome the experience of modeling to capture a moment in time when they feel at their best for their own personal fulfillment, or to celebrate a pregnancy, they want to control with whom they share that experience. They do not wish to have their photographs exhibited publicly. Commissioned work offers just such an opportunity—an opportunity to become a work of art but to control who may view that work.
- I retain all negatives and proofs from our photographic session, but may only use them to make prints to sell to you. I am not permitted to make prints for exhibition in any manner, sell them to anyone else or otherwise use them in promoting my work.
- Your identity can be further protected by not including your face in any photograph taken and by using a pseudonym rather than your real first name in the title of the piece. In the past, at the client’s (or model’s) request, I have also cropped out identifying tattoos, piercings or birthmarks by using shadows and poses that obscure such identifying features.
Fees and Features
- The fee for one 11" x 14" print, matted and framed in 16" x 20" format, is $600.
- The fee for one 11" x 14" print, matted in 16" x 20" format, is $530.
- The fee entitles you to one 3 hour photographic session, resulting in several photographs of poses from which to choose, the opportunity to review the proofs, and the ability to select the photograph or photographs to print, with my assistance.
- Additional prints from the same session, matted and framed in 16" x 20" format, are $300 each.
- Additional prints from the same session, matted in 16" x 20" format, are $230 each.
- A $300 non-refundable deposit is required.
- All mats are archival, pH-balanced and acid free. All frames are from the Gallery Collection of Nielsen Bainbridge.
For further information regarding commissions, contact me at migoulding@Hotmail.com. Please keep in mind that my studio is located in the Greater Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Area, USA.